EAAP Annual Meeting 2023 – 28th August 2023
TechCare and ClearFarm: pilots on PLF tools for monitoring animal welfare
Chairs: Claire Morgan-Davies (TechCare coordinator) and Pol Llonch (ClearFarm coordinator and TechCare advisor board member)
TechCare and ClearFarm projects organised a session within the 74th EAAP Annual Meeting held in Lyon (France). The session n. 39 titled “TechCare and ClearFarm: pilots on PLF tools for monitoring animal welfare” has given an update on the two projects. Below you can find a list of theatres and posters linked to the TechCare project.
- TechCare: Exploring the use of Precision Livestock Farming for small ruminant welfare management Morgan-Davies, C.; Tesniere, G.; Dwyer, C.; Jorgensen, G.; Gonzalez-Garcia, E.; Gautier, J.M.
Monitoring water trough attendance in shed: a potential indicator for the detection of sheep health or welfare issues? G. Tesnière, U. Jean-Louis, E. Doutart, S. Duroy, C. Douine, M. Rinn, D. Gautier, A. Hardy, A. Aupiais, F. Guimbert, J.-M. Gautier, and C. Morgan-Davies.
- TechCare UK pilots – Integrated sheep system studies using technologies for welfare monitoring A. McLaren, F. Kenyon, A. Waterhouse, H. MacDougall, S. Beechener, A. Walker, M. Reeves, N. Lambe, J. Holland, A. Thomson, J. Duncan, A. Barnes, C. Dwyer, F. Gimbert, J-M. Gautier, G. Tesniere & C. Morgan-Davies.
Monitoring the stress of light goat kids transported over short journeys. M. Sort, A. Elhadi, R. Costa, A. Recio, A.A.K. Salama and G. Caja.
- Monitoring the stress of suckling lambs transported over short journeys. M. Sort, A. Elhadi, R. Costa, A. Recio, A.A.K. Salama and G. Caja.
- ORIOLE A web application for cleaning data from the walkover-weighing device in livestock systems Bertrand Cloez, Bénédicte Fontez, Eliel Gonzalez-Garcia, Isabelle Sanchez.
- Monitoring liveweight in Sarda dairy sheep using a walk over weighing system M. Decandia, M. Acciaro, V. Giovanetti, G. Molle, F. Chessa, I. Llach, E. González García.
- Warning Systems to promote animal welfare in small ruminants’ production: what are the attitudes of TechCare stakeholders? E.N. Sossidou, S.I. Patsios, S. Beechener, V. Giovanetti, G. Tesniere, L. Grova, T. Keady, G. Caja, A. Bar-shamai, L.T. Cziszter, , C. Morgan-Davies.
- Prioritization of welfare issues and precision technologies for welfare monitoring in dairy sheep in Spain. A. Elhadi, R. González-González and G. Caja.