TechCare representatives will attend conferences, industry days, national and international SR shows; during these events, the latest project developments, progresses and results will be presented to the audience.
- Sheep 2023 open day (Gurteen College, Ireland 17th – 18th June 2023). Poster by Tim Keady and Bríd McClearn (Teagasc): “TechCare – Integrating innovative TECHnologies along the value Chain to improve small ruminant welfARE management”. The corresponding leaflet is available here.
- The 20th Conference on Animal Production (AIDA) (Zaragoza, Spain, 13th – 14th June 2023). UAB contribution to the TechCare project (ES):
- 10th International Sheep Veterinary Congress (Seville, Spain, 6th – 10th March 2023). Presentation by G. Caja (UAB): “New opportunities of using sensors in small ruminants”.
- Paris International Agricultural Show (3rd March 2023). Presentation by Jean-Louis Uranie (IDELE) and Thomas GOMEZ (Agdatahub) et al.: “Collecting farm data to improve the welfare of small ruminants: focus on TECHCARE”.
- Sm@rt workshop (Ruakura, New Zealand, 10th February 2023). Presentation by C. Morgan-Davies (SRUC): “TechCare project introduction”.
- The Fuping International Dairy Goat Forum (Fuping, China, 6th January 2023). Presentation by G. Caja (UAB): “Available sensor technologies for precision farming and welfare assessment in dairy goats”.
- Agriverso conference (Cagliari, Italy, 1st December 2022). General presentation by Francesco Martini (Abinsula).
- 13th International conference on goats (ICG2022), virtual conference (19th – 22nd September 2022). Presentation by G. Caja (UAB): “Available sensor technologies for precision farming and welfare assessment in dairy goas”.
- 73rd EAAP Annual Meeting, Porto, Portugal (5th September 2022). Presentation by Evangelia Sossidou (ELGO-DIMITRA): “Stakeholders’ perceptions of precision livestock farming to improve small ruminant welfare”.
- 75th Annual Society of Range Management Meeting, hybrid conference (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 8th February 2022) Presentation (SRUC and MRI): “Development of LoRaWAN communication sensors for extensive livestock grazing in the Scottish mountains – opportunities for the science and practice of managing livestock and pastures in harsh environments”.
- VI International Workshop of Precision Environments, hybrid conference (Campinas, Brazil, 1st February 2022). Presentation by T. Waterhouse (SRUC): “Precision livestock data directly from the animal, and its environment, should be able to improve performance, welfare and economics of extensive livestock systems, but there a range of practical, affordability and ethical challenges to overcome”.
- International Sheep Veterinary Association 2021 (ISVA), virtual conference (25th November 2021). Invited talk, presentation by G. Caja (UAB): “Sensors for Sentient Small Ruminants” (English version– Spanish version).
- 44th Congress of the Argentine Animal Production Association (AAPA), virtual conference (19th November 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC) : “Future developments in animal welfare research”.
- 72nd EAAP Annual Meeting, Davos, Switzerland (30th August 2021). Presentation by Evangelia Sossidou (ELGO-DIMITRA): “A stakeholder co-design approach for integrating innovative technologies along the value chain to improve small ruminant welfare: The TechCare project”.
- 8th Congress of Welfare of Animals at Farm and Group Level, virtual conference (18th August 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC): “Behavioural freedoms vs painful procedures: Essential trade-offs in the welfare of extensively managed animals?”.
- Online meeting (04th May 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC): “Update on welfare activities since AWIN”.
- The challenge of change the new normal? BSAS 2021, virtual conference (12th – 15th April 2021). Presentation by C. Morgan-Davies (SRUC): “Precision sheep management in the uplands”.