TechCare representatives will attend conferences, industry days, national and international SR shows; during these events, the latest project developments, progresses and results will be presented to the audience.
- 75th Annual Society of Range Management Meeting, hybrid conference (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 8th February 2022) Presentation (SRUC and MRI): “Development of LoRaWAN communication sensors for extensive livestock grazing in the Scottish mountains – opportunities for the science and practice of managing livestock and pastures in harsh environments”.
- VI International Workshop of Precision Environments, hybrid conference (Campinas, Brazil, 1st February 2022). Presentation by T. Waterhouse (SRUC): “Precision livestock data directly from the animal, and its environment, should be able to improve performance, welfare and economics of extensive livestock systems, but there a range of practical, affordability and ethical challenges to overcome”.
- International Sheep Veterinary Association 2021 (ISVA), virtual conference (25th November 2021). Invited talk, presentation by G. Caja (UAB): “Sensors for Sentient Small Ruminants” (English version– Spanish version).
- 44th Congress of the Argentine Animal Production Association (AAPA), virtual conference (19th November 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC) : “Future developments in animal welfare research”.
- 8th Congress of Welfare of Animals at Farm and Group Level, virtual conference (18th August 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC): “Behavioural freedoms vs painful procedures: Essential trade-offs in the welfare of extensively managed animals?”.
- Online meeting (04th May 2021). Presentation by C. Dwyer (SRUC): “Update on welfare activities since AWIN”.
- The challenge of change the new normal? BSAS 2021, virtual conference (12th – 15th April 2021). Presentation by C. Morgan-Davies (SRUC): “Precision sheep management in the uplands”.